Purchased the PageFlip Cicada from amazon.com for USD79.95 so that I can use it with my iPad for flipping of my sheet music with my left foot while both my hands are occupied playing the piano.
Archive for Reviews
China is one of the up and coming of good quality but affordable high fidelity equipment. Case in point is the Xiang Sheng USB DAC-01A. Before we continue, for those who don’t know what is a DAC, its an acronym for Digital-Analog Converter. In this case, it converts the digital signal from the USB port to analog signal and passes to an amplifier. The Xiang Sheng USB DAC-01A is an affordable box, but packs a punch in features. I won’t attempt to go into every feature, but just the cool ones that made me throw down the cash to buy one.
I’m never a fan of wireless network even though I have a D-Link DIR-655 Wireless N router at home.
I’ll mainly be using the 4 ports Gigabit switch available on the DIR-655 for connections of my Mac mini server, MacBook Pro, NAS and Playstation 3.
The OpenNet’s Optical Fibre termination point is in the living where most of my servers, NAS, computers being in the bed room. Hence I’ve decided to try out the new Aztech HomePlug HL280E which enable network connection through the use of powerline up to 1000Mbps.
Bought a Korean-manufactured tempered glass stand ($42.90 SGD) from hardwarezone.com forum member Theonestop and collected from him in Yio Chu Kang MRT Station. Dimension (Length, Width, Height: 57cm x 25 x 8cm. The glass has a thickness of 80mm. I like the glass stand very much as it’s light-weight yet sturdy and able to hold my Dell U2410 monitor.
The world’s first Multi-Touch mouse is here! Is it really that good?
- Being an iPhone user, the use of gestures for the mouse is most welcome. The ability to do momentum scrolling like the iPhone and iPod Touch makes scrolling up and down a lengthy webpage effortlessly.
- No more irritating wheel sound doing up/down scrolling with normal mouse.
- The powerful laser tracking is higly sensitive and responsive.
- The design of the Magic Mouse makes it suitable for both left and right handed mouse users.
- Easy to clean as there’s no buttons or scroll ball found on the mighty mouse
- Tracking speed is still relatively slow even though tracking speed has been set to the maximum. My Razer Pro|Click 1.6 wired mouse with tracking speed set to 50% moves way faster.
- The mouse skates beneath the Magic Mouse do not move that smoothly on a smooth wooden surface table
- Gestures do not allow access to Expose
Overall rating: 6/10
Bought the Nike+ Sportband (available in Pink & Yellow) from Nike Wheellock Place in Singapore and the SwitchEasy RunAway Adapter from Epicentre which is just opposite the same Nike store.
After installing the Nike+ Utility. Connect the Nike+ SportBand Link to the USB Port on the iMac to customize settings as well as charging the battery.